I think most kids enjoy a scavenger hunt because it’s the simple thrill of finding an item in a competition. It encourages participation and it’s lots of fun.
But what about the days that you’re stuck inside the house for whatever reason?
How do you take a traditional scavenger hunt and turn it into a virtual experience? Keep reading, I’ll let you know!
How do you make a virtual scavenger hunt?
The major difference between this type of scavenger hunt and the other one is that it’s done remotely or online.
A lot people use Zoom to connect groups of kids online, but you can use any video conferencing software or app.
The hard part might be getting everyone together with no technical issues but once thats done, the scavenger hunt rules are easy!
Once you have your group online, here’s how to have an online scavenger hunt for kids.
1. Give everyone the list of the things to find, use my free virtual scavenger hunt pdf to send to every participant.
2. Set a time limit on the time everyone has to find the items.
3. When the timer goes off, everyone must stop searching.
4. Have each kid report/check off what they found.
5. The kid who found the most things wins!
If you want to get started with the virtual scavenger hunt download the pdf below. Don’t forget to check out my other printables for kids!
Save on Pinterest!